Wednesday, April 27, 2016

I had a dream and you were in it: An Alternative Liz Phair Top 10

During a break today I stumbled upon this "10 Best Liz Phair Songs", and my initial (and enduring) impression was that this is really a lame list.

I detect signs that Liz Phair is undergoing a small critical reassessment; I haven't seen much written about her in about ten years, but nowadays I come across an article or two a month.  Although she's touring, there's no indication that she's about to record.

Now, as for *my* list... I've chosen what I think are Liz Phair's most memorable and musically interesting songs. A couple are very obscure.

Liz, are you out there?  Feel free to chime in:

Greased Lightning (B-side to "Polyester Bridge, 1998)
Down (outtake from Liz Phair, 2003)
Stratford-On-Guy (from Exile In Guyville, 1993)
6'1" (from Exile In Guyville, 1993)
Supernova (from Whip-Smart, 1994)
Jealousy (from Whip-Smart, 1994)
Johnny Feelgood (from Whitechocolatespaceegg, 1998)
Fantasize (from Whitechocolatespaceegg, 1998)
Extraordinary (from Liz Phair, 2003)
Everything (Between Us) (from Somebody’s Miracle, 2005)

No comments:

Post a Comment