Saturday, December 20, 2014

Pono player--received today (Christmas present to myself)

Those who stumble upon this post--and know what Neil Young's Pono music player is--are probably early adopters, like me. I got one of the limited editions (chrome CSN&Y).  It's currently charging. I already have hi-rez music to copy to it... Definitely all my Rebecca Pidgeon hi-rez... Duke Ellington's "Money Jungle"... The list is endless. Pono is jumping into the hi-rez party at just the right time, because the music has been available for a while, just waiting for the right audio player to play it. But will it succeed?  Don't know, don't particularly care. I speak as the owner of at least (possibly seven) iPod Classics--the last two purchased last year, before Apple stopped making them. There will always be a market (although a niche one) for portable audio players. I don't care if they make millions--I just need one.

So will the music sound different, and will I be able to tell?  The first is a maybe, and the second is a probably.  I think that my biggest limitation will be headphones. Not sure which model to buy--except to say that it probably won't be Beats by Dre.

No comments:

Post a Comment